The Australian Rivers Institute is based at Griffith University, in Brisbane, Australia.
Our research provides the knowledge to underpin the sustainable management of aquatic ecosystems.
We are committed to a “whole-of-water-cycle” philosophy with our expertise divided into six research themes:
- Catchment and river ecosystem processes
- Rehabilitation science and environmental flows
- Coastal and estuarine ecosystem processes
- Aquatic biodiversity and conservation
- Aquatic ecosystem monitoring and assessment
- Integration, modelling and catchment management.
We are proactive in national and international water science planning and research projects and organisations.
Read more about our members, research themes and publications at our institution’s homepage.
You can also find us on twitter