We are seeking motivated students to apply for PhD Scholarships with Griffith University to study Australia’s northern aquatic ecosytems. The scholarhips will include a generous top-up from our National Environmental Science Programme grants.
The Australian Rivers Institute is currently running two complementary projects on Northern Australia in Freshwater Ecosystems and Marine Coastal Ecosystems. The projects are studying the effects of water extraction for agricultural use on northern ecosystems.
To be competitive students should have a first class honours degree (or equivalent) in environmental or economic sciences. The ideal candidate will also have a published in an international peer-reviewed journal.
National and International candidates are both encouraged to contact us. International candidates must have at least one lead authored publication in an international journal to be competitive for a base scholarship.
For further information please contact:
- Professor Stuart Bunn (freshwater ecosystems)
- Professor Michele Burford (marine and estuarine ecosystems)
- Dr Jim Smart (environmental economics)
- Dr Chris Brown (marine ecosystem modelling)
- Dr Ben Stewart-Koster (freshwater ecosystem modelling)
- Dr Sue Jackson (Social systems)
- Dr Mark Kennard (Freshwater ecosystems)